Booking Terms & Conditions
Booking Terms & Conditions
All bookings are subject to the following terms and our customers should carefully review the below agreement prior to making a booking.
Bookings and Payment
1. For bookings commencing beyond the period of a month, the agent will receive full payment or a deposit of 25% as a holding deposit until balance is paid. Note that bookings cannot be confirmed until full payment is made as per booking agreement. Once we receive payment the confirmation of booking will be issued in the form of a contract agreement subject to these booking conditions. Terms of this agreement is deemed to be accepted by you upon issue of the booking confirmation. You are then liable for remaining rent due, which must be paid no later than four weeks prior to the arrival date. If the holiday is booked within four weeks of the start date then full payment is required to be paid to the Agent at the time of booking.
2. Where the Agent has not received the balance by the agreed due date, we will issue a reminder. If the balance is not received, we will conclude the booking has been cancelled by the guest and clause 4 (below) shall apply. The guest will have no claim or recourse against the Agent or the Owner for compensation or reimbursement of deposit paid.
3.LondonShortStays, the “Agent”, acts as agent on behalf of the property owner, the “Owner”. Reservations made via the agent form a contractual relationship between the guest and the owner of the property. London Shortstays (nor JD INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT LTD) is not, and will at no time be, party to that contract.
Cancellation and Amendments
4.You must formally notify us immediately if you wish to cancel your booking. Cancellation guidelines are as follows:
Within 60+ days – full booking less the deposit will be refunded
31-59 days – 50% of total cost will be refunded
Once booking commences, no refunds can be provided as funds will have been released 24 hours after to the landlord of the property.
5.If the Agent is only able to re-let the property at a reduced or discounted price a refund will also have the difference between the original holiday price and new holiday price deducted from it.
6.If the Agent is unable to re-let the property then the booking is forfeit and the balance is still due on the due date.
7. A non-refundable deposit of 25% is payable in advance before confirmation of a holiday let booking is given. This will be deducted from the rental rate for your stay. Please be aware that a BREAKAGES deposit amount of £250.00 will also be required as security against damages and unpaid bills created by the tenant or to re-let the unit if any of the conditions below are not met. The amount will be refunded via CREDIT CARD OR PAYPAL at the end of your stay.
CHANGE OF CIRCUMSTANCES
8. Once the letting has begun, the full amount is in effect; therefore any changes to shorten the duration will not be refunded. If however, there is a change in circumstance and there is a need to extend, we can accommodate requests provided there is no conflict with another booking. If due to a change in circumstances the let is cancelled or altered by the guest, please be aware that the minimum charges will be applied (see cancellation schedule below).
9.Sometimes under rare circumstances, If it proves necessary for the Agent to make a change in your holiday booking by reason of the unexpected withdrawal of the property by the owner, by overbooking or any other reason, we will make reasonable efforts to make an alternative booking for you. We will make every effort to replace the property with a similar standard, otherwise we will provide a full no contest refund.Failing this we will refund to you any monies paid by you. Nevertheless, the Agent shall be under no further obligation or liability to you in this respect.
10. We will arrange for key collection where necessary or have someone meet you at the property to check you in. Contact details and house notes will be sent to you in your final confirmation, following payment of your balance. Where a secure code is required to access the property, this will be provided to you prior to your arrival at the property.
11.To the best of the Agent’s knowledge, all information regarding the properties displayed on this website is accurate and up-to-date. Property descriptions and/or rental rates may be subject to change. Upon notification of any material inaccuracies in a property description or price changes or any material changes made by the Owner, the Agent will endeavour to amend the published details at the earliest opportunity and inform you.
12.The Agent reserves the right to amend any inaccuracies including description, services and pricing. If the alterations prove unacceptable to the Holidaymaker then alternative accommodation will be arranged or a full refund of monies paid will be given. The Agent is not liable for any costs associated with alternative accommodation, which must be paid by you. The Agent cannot accept responsibility for any changes or closures to area amenities or attractions mentioned on the website.
13.1 Ensure that the maximum occupancy of the property is not exceeded. If this number is exceeded without prior consent then the Owner reserves the right to revoke the booking without refund.
13.2Show due consideration to other parties such as those occupying neighbouring or adjoining property.
13.3Ensure you do not assign or part with the possession of the holiday accommodation or any part of it, or anything contained within it or use it other than as a single dwelling for holiday occupation by the people whose names appear on the booking form.
13.4Allow the Owner or his/her representative and/or the Agent access to the property at any reasonable time during the period of the holiday.
13.5Keep the property and all furniture, utensils, equipment, fixtures and fittings in or on the property in the same state of repair and condition as at the commencement of the holiday and to ensure that at the end of the holiday the property is left in the same state of order and cleanliness in which it was found. The Property Owner reserves the right to levy an additional charge for any extra cleaning required after your occupancy and for any consequential loss.
13.6Report as soon as possible to the Owner or his/her representative any breakages or damage caused by you during the holiday and to reimburse the Owner with the cost of replacement. The Owner reserves the right to make a claim against the you for repair or loss as a result of damage caused.
13.7Arrive after 2.30 p.m. on the arrival day and vacate the property by 12 a.m. on the day of departure unless prior arrangement has been agreed with the Owner.
13.8Not (without the express permission of the Owner) allow any person other than guests booked and staying in the property for their holiday to use the facilities and amenities of the property.
13.9To notify all other members of your party of these undertakings.
13.10 In the event of a breach of any of the undertakings set out in clause 13, the Owner or his/her representative can refuse to allow you to take possession of the property or make you leave the property before the end of your holiday. In either case you shall be deemed to have cancelled your booking and shall have no claim for compensation or reimbursement whatsoever.
14.Many of our property owners are happy to accept one small, well behaved dog in their property. All properties’ descriptions on our website contain information as to whether a dog is allowed or not. If you take a pet to a property that does not allow them, or exceeds the stated number/size of pet, the Owner or his/her representative can refuse to allow you to take possession of the property or make you leave the property before the end of the holiday. If this happens you will be deemed to have cancelled the booking and you shall have no claim for compensation or reimbursement whatsoever.
15.Pets are accepted on the understanding that no sign of the pet is evident, in the house or garden at the time of departure. Pets are not allowed in the bedrooms, on the furniture or to be left alone in the property. You are liable for all damage caused by your pet and the Owner reserves the right to levy an additional charge for any extra cleaning required after your occupancy. We will inform you of any damages made by your pet and any additional charges incurred within 14 days of your return from holiday. We regret that cats and caged animals/rodents or birds are not accepted at any of our properties.
16.The Agent and Owner shall have no liability for the death or personal injury of anyone in your party unless, in the case of the Agent, this results from the negligence of the Agent or its employees (providing they were at the time acting in the course of their employment) or, in case of the Owner, it results from the his/her negligence or that of any employee of the owner (providing they were at the time acting in the course of their employment).
17.You must take all necessary steps to safeguard your personal property and that of those in your party. No liability is accepted by the Agent or the Owner in respect of damage to, or loss of, such personal property except, in the case of the Owner, where the damage or loss is caused by the negligence of the Owner or that of any employee of the owner (providing they were at the time acting in the course of their employment) or, in the case of the Agent, where the damage or loss is caused by the negligence of the Agent or its employees (providing they were at the time acting in the course of their employment).
18.No representative, agent or sales person (whether employed by the Agent or not):
18.1Has the authority to vary, amend or waive any of these booking conditions and no amendment or addition to any of these booking conditions shall be deemed to have been accepted unless accepted in writing by a senior manager of the Agent; and/or
18.2Has the authority to make any verbal representations or provide additional information over and above information contained in the Agent’s brochures and website. The Agent cannot accept responsibility and give no warranty in respect of information or representations not contained in these booking conditions, the Agent’s brochures and/or the Agent’s website.
19.As the Agent acts only on behalf of the Owner, the Agent cannot accept any liability for any act(s) or omission(s) of the Owner or anyone representing, or employed by, the Owner. Further, the Agent cannot accept any liability for any shortcomings or defects with or in any property as all properties are within the sole control of the Owner.
22.For all of our properties, the Owner requires a damage/breakages deposit to be paid in advance of your stay. You will be notified if this is the case in your final booking confirmation and what procedure to follow in order to meet this condition.
23.The Owner will be entitled to withhold some or all of the deposit to meet the cost of remedying any damage or breakage (particularly but not exclusively those listed in 13.6, 13.7 and 15)
FURTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. To pay the Rental fee and breakages deposit as agreed.
2. Not to deface, make any alterations or additions to the interior or exterior of the Premises or to the decoration, fixtures or fittings of the Premises or to the furniture.
3. To keep the furniture, soft furnishings and equipment in their present state of repair and condition and to replace with similar articles of at least the equivalent value and standard, any items of furniture which may be found to be missing or destroyed (reasonable wear and tear excepted).
4. Not to remove any of the furniture from its present position in the Premises.
5. To use the premises as a private holiday residence for up to allowed persons as per listing only and not for any other purposes whatsoever. Additional persons may be accommodated by prior arrangement only.
6. Not to affix any poster or placard to the interior or exterior of the Premises.
7. Not to do or permit to be done anything which may be a nuisance or annoyance or cause of damage to any neighbouring or adjoining property.
8. Not to do anything or suffer or permit anything to be done as a result of which any policy or insurance held by the Owners on the Premises may become void or voidable or subject to an increased rate of premium.
9. Not to use the property for any illegal purposes.
10. Not to play or permit to be played in the premises any musical instrument or sound production equipment between 11.00pm and 8.30am or so as to be audible outside the premises.
11. To permit the Owners or their agents access to the Premises for viewings and to deal with any maintenance or security issues.
12. Not to smoke or permit smoking inside or on the Premises.
13. Not to allow pets inside or on the Premises.
14. To leave the premises in good clean condition similar to how the occupant received it otherwise incur a penalty fee of £100.00.
15. To accept and abide by the General Terms & Conditions that comprise of this Holiday Letting Agreement.
These terms are deemed to have been accepted by you at the time of making your booking.